Calling a personal injury lawyer after a devastating car accident may not feel quite right to you. You’re not a litigious person, and your first response to an accident is not a lawsuit, it’s figuring out how to recover. We understand where you’re coming from. In fact, the first thing we do for clients is to help them get the medical care they need to treat their injuries. When the bills start piling up and the sick days from work melt away, we encourage you to give us a call. We’re not out to nail the driver who caused your accident, but we will help you recover the compensation to which you are entitled from his or her insurance company. Learn more about how we help motor vehicle accident victims here, and then call us to find out if we can help you.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents We Accept
If you were injured in a crash caused by a negligent driver, we would love to hear your story. If we believe we can add value to your claim, we will let you know how. If we think you can settle the claim on your own, we will tell you how. We have helped hundreds of people recover after the following types of motor vehicle accidents in Northeast Georgia:
- Car. By far the most common kind of accident we hear about, car accidents are a frequent occurrence in and around Athens. Whether a fender-bender has left you with a head injury or a head-on collision has caused much more devastating injuries, our team will investigate what happened and help you get what you deserve from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Truck. When a motorist is injured in a collision with a commercial semi-truck, there are multiple parties who may be held liable for damages, including the driver, the owner of the truck and trailer, the person/company that leased the truck or trailer, the manufacturer of the truck, tires, or other components that caused or contributed to the accident, and the loader or shipper of the cargo being hauled. These are complicated cases, and our attorneys will work hard to get the outcome you deserve.
- Motorcycle. When you ride a motorcycle in Athens, you are exposed to more risks than drivers of cars and trucks, but that doesn’t mean that other drivers can cut you off, invade your lane space, or fail to acknowledge your presence. When another driver’s negligent actions cause your serious injuries, our motorcycle accident attorneys will go to work for you.
No matter what kind of motor vehicle accident you were in, we will bring our years of experience to your case.
Proving Negligence in a Georgia Vehicle Crash
In order to find a driver negligent in a Georgia vehicle crash, it must be shown that:
- He had a duty to act with reasonable care.
- He breached his or her duty to act with reasonable care.
- His carelessness caused the accident.
- You were injured as a result of the accident.
Drivers may breach their duty of care by speeding, driving while intoxicated, texting and driving, failing to follow traffic signs and signals, or simply driving carelessly. In our free case evaluation, we will be able to quickly determine if you have a viable personal injury claim.
Damages You Can Recover
You may be wondering if it is worth taking legal action after a negligent driver causes your injuries. We would be happy to discuss your options with you—with no pressure to hire us to represent you. If you are successful in holding the at-fault driver liable, you could be awarded compensation for all of the following:
- Medical expenses. The liable party’s insurance company will cover all of your medical costs, including emergency care, surgery, physical therapy, medications, assistive devices, and more.
- Lost earnings. If you are unable to work because of your injuries or have been forced to use up valuable sick time, you can be reimbursed for these losses.
- Pain and suffering. These “non-economic” damages are difficult to calculate, but our experienced attorneys will demand that you be compensated for the emotional and physical suffering you have endured as a result of the crash.
- Punitive damages. If the at-fault driver acted in a particularly egregious manner—such as driving drunk or drag racing on city streets, the court might order him to pay punitive damages. While not intended as compensation to the injured party, victims do benefit from these exemplary damages.
Call Us to Discuss Your Athens Motor Vehicle Accident
At the Athens Injury Law Group, we want you to feel confident in the decisions you make at every point in the personal injury claim process. Get the information you need on our website and then contact us as soon as possible to find out how we can support you as you recover from a devastating car accident.